Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


As I look outside my window...
Beautiful sunshine!  It is about 80 degrees today!  Rain is coming in for tonight.

Right now I am...
Getting ready to do up the dishes from lunch. 

Thinking and pondering...
About my Mother's Day yesterday.  It was the BEST day we have had as a family in a long time.  We laughed and spent the whole day together.  It has been far too long!

On my bedside table...
Bible and my kindle

On my TV...
Waltons currently

Listening to...
The birds chirping outside

On the menu this week...
I haven't had a chance to plan the rest of the week.  But today we had Stuffing Waffles topped with chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy! YUM! 

On my to do list...
Start working on a quilt
Laundry
Cupboard organization in the kitchen
Clean bathrooms (deep clean)

Happening this week...
My hubby had a root canal today so I am pampering him today.  The rest of the week is going to be very quiet!

What I am creating...
Apron
Quilt
Tabletop Quilt

My simple pleasure...
Going to the Genesee Country Village and Museum and just sit on a bench.  Taking in the scents and activities the village has going on.

Homemaking tip...
Keep up on things if you can.  If you start falling behind that is when you will start to feel overwhelmed.

Looking around the house...
A little bit of tidying to do left over from the weekend.

From the camera...

Prayer List...
My hubby he had a root canal done this morning.
Our children

Bible Verse...
Proverbs 31: 10, 27-28
Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.

3 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Ummm, that food made my mouth water! Wow! I am making that for sure!!

Sandra said...

Ok those waffles look to die for, Jen. WOW!!!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day, and you are so right, the time we all spend as a family is sometimes few and far between. We need to make the effort to make these days happen more often, not just on Mother's Day.

Love you my friend :)

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Lovely post ~ Have a wonderful day.