Monday, May 12, 2014

Stuffing Waffles with the Works!

The other night I was watching Food Network when Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives came on.  Guy just happened to be in Syracuse, NY at a place called Funk N Waffles.  He was serving a waffle made from left over stuffing.  On top of that was turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy.  With cranberry sauce on the side.  How genius!! Since I had all of these ingredients I decided to make my version of it.


Since I didn't have turkey I used chicken as well.  I just cooked 3 chicken breasts and then shredded them. 

Stuffing Waffles

6 cups Stuffing, prepared the way you like it
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
3-4 large potatoes, cooked and seasoned like you like.  Mash it up.
3 cups of gravy

Heat up your waffle iron or maker.  Once it is hot brush melted butter onto the surface.  Place a large amount of stuffing mix into the sections on the waffle maker.  Mine is a simple GE waffle maker from Walmart with 4 squares.  So you might have to adapt to your particular maker.  Cook the stuffing until it holds its shape.  I think it was about 5-10 minutes. 


Next you take your chicken or turkey and place on top of the waffle.  Add a scoop of prepared mashed potatoes.  Cover with gravy.  This has become my favorite way to have stuffing!!  Our family usually fights over the crispy part.  Now we each get a crispy section!  YAY!


It is like thanksgiving dinner all in one bite!  Next time I make this I am going to make sure I have cranberry sauce.  Let me know if you make this.

1 comment:

Kym said...

This. Is. Brilliant!!! I missed that episode of DDD, apparently, so I'm glad I saw it on your blog. I will be trying this recipe very soon!