Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



Breakfast time…what is on the plate this morning...
Salt Rising Bread purchased from a local Amish/Mennonite Store

On today’s to do list...
Finish canning up potatoes
Pick up pumpkins

Currently reading...
I've been reading through Psalm 91

On the TV today...
Perhaps the Waltons or Little House on the Prairie.  We need some wholesome shows with everything that has happened over the past few days.

The weather outside is...
Pretty mild for this time of the year.  We will be at around 62 degrees today.  Tomorrow we will be approaching 80 degrees.

On the menu this week...
I am planning on making a big pot of potato soup for my husband to enjoy the rest of the week.

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will...
Work on my knitting.  I've been re-learning how to knit.  My mom gave me a while ago an old suitcase filled with my grandmother's knitting and crochet things.  There is some wool yarn and other types of yarn.  The knitting needles I first learned on are in there.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week...
Nothing new.

Favorite photo from the camera...


Homemaking Tip...
Pick one room to deep clean once a week.  It will help keep it all under control.

Visiting with Blog friends (blog to share)...
Sorry I did not read many new blogs this week. 

Praying for...
Our family.  Without going into too much detail we would appreciate prayers.  Tuesday evening I was made aware of something very disturbing regarding my son.  It appears that a man in his 20's has been harassing my son and his friends.  He would say very nasty things to them.  Things I will not and cannot repeat.  He did tell the boys he was going to tie them up.  The boys were afraid to say anything because they were afraid he would come after them if they did.  Tuesday night he said something so disgusting that the boys decided it was time to tell someone.  They told an adult they were comfortable with.  BOY am I so thankful there are still people around like this.  He took the information to the police.  The man (doing the harassing) was arrested.  We requested an order of protection.  Well last night my son was over at his friends house and this guy was leaning up against the tree watching the house when I pulled in the drive way to pick up my son.  I immediately called the police and this guy was arrested and this time sent to jail!  These boys have lived in fear for months now! 

Bible verse, Devotional speaking to me...
Yesterday at church our Pastor's wife read Psalm 91 to me.  I've been reading it over and over.  We live in such an evil world.


5 comments:

Ruth A Stiles said...

Thoughts and prayers for your family. God is the giver of peace so rely on Him for grace!

I love our local Mennonite store. It is full of such whole-ness and goodness at such great prices. I am all done reading the first 8 books of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Just starting The First Four Years today. When I get done I want to watch the tv series in its entirety.

I love the pinecone picture. I have pinecones, pine trees, and moose as my kitchen decor theme!

Have a blessed week

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the problem regarding your son. Hugs to all.

Good luck with the knitting.

Have a great week.

Christine said...

That's very frightening about the awful man! Praying now.

Mary said...

Praying for you my friend!

Sandra said...

Oh Jen, how awful for Andrew and his friends, that is terrifying. I am SO glad he is now in jail, I will never understand why some people think it is right to terrorize children. Horrible!

Hope you are all doing well otherwise.