Sunday, March 22, 2015

Easy Eclair "Cake"

I have to say right off the bat...this is NOT a healthy "cake", nor is it a real food recipe.  Its not even a cake really. But hey, We all need a treat once and a while.  This is my husband's favorite dessert of all time!  My husband request this "cake" all the time.


Easy Éclair "Cake"

1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 tub of whipped topping
2 sleeves of graham crackers
1 container of milk chocolate frosting

Mix up the box of pudding according to package directions.  Wait for the pudding to firm up a bit then gently fold in the whipped topping until it is well combined.

Now just like a lasagna you will layer the ingredients into an 8x8 pan.  Start with a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.  You may have to break the graham crackers to get them to fit into the pan.  Next, add the pudding mixture.  Then another layer of graham crackers, make sure you push lightly to compress the layers.  I usually get about 3 layers out of one recipe.  You want to end with the pudding mixture.

Heat the frosting for about 20 seconds and stir.  Do this until the frosting is pourable. Pour the frosting all over the top of the cake, making sure to cover it completely.  Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.  The longer you have it in the refrigerator the more it will taste like an éclair cake. 


This is defiantly something you would not want to make often.  But once a year is not going to hurt anyone.  I usually make this for my husband's birthday, so since I made it today he will not be getting one in July.  Perhaps I will make a healthier version of his second favorite...carrot cake.  Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This looks so good and reminds me of a version my Grandma used to make!
Thanks for sharing and happy week to you!
xo

Farmlife Chick said...

Easy indeed! Looks delicious!