Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Its Time for Healthy!

I have always struggled with my weight!  I would start something for a little while then quit.  I have mentioned before that we have cut out all processed foods a few months ago.  We all feel so much better!  I knew I needed to add exercise to my diet, but a gym membership was out of the question.  We are a family of five on a limited budget.  I am not one to do the same workout over and over again.  The other day I was up very early and was flipping through the channels.  I stopped on something called 21 Day Fix from the creators of Beachbody.  Hmm!  It looked like what I had been searching for!!


Not only is this a fitness program, but it is a portion controlled nutrition program as well.  The color coded containers are what you use to measure your food in.  Purple is fruit, green is vegetables, yellow is carbs, red it protein, blue is fats (cheese, nuts, humus, avocado) and orange is fats (dressings, and seeds). 


I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this is.  I am currently on Day 2 of the 21 Days.  I get so much food according to this plan I had a hard time eating it all.  The plan has you eating every 2-3 hours.  But I'm not going to lie...the workouts are brutal!  My legs felt like they were going to fall off after the first workout.  I am determined to push through the uncomfortable feelings I have after working out.  The workout makes you sweat...A LOT!!! 


This is what I had for lunch yesterday.  I had 2 green containers of vegetables, 1 purple of fruit, one red of protein, and 1 orange of fat.  I could have had more protein but in my calorie bracket I get a lot of it so I didn't fill it all the way up.  See how easy it is?  I know how many out there say measuring food is a pain in the behind, but think about it!  It is so easy to over eat when you do not know how much you are actually eating. 

For breakfast yesterday I had Overnight Oatmeal with blueberries.  It was SO good.  Supper was stuffed peppers!  YUM!  This is not about depriving yourself of the things you love, its about modifying the way you eat those things (and how much).


Not only do you get nutrition help, a fabulous workout, you also get a coach for free!  Its like getting a personal trainer without the cost of one.  Everything I got I got for less than $70.  Now where else can you get a nutritionist, and personal trainer for that price??  No I have not received any compensation for this post.  What I receive is worth SO much more....MY HEALTH! 

If anyone is interested in learning more about the 21 Day Fix contact my coach Ashley.  She is wonderful and will answer any questions you have about this!  If any of you do contact Ashley please let her know Jen B sent you.  I may or may not get a little something from her for it. {Wink wink}

1 comment:

Farmlife Chick said...

Jen, that does look easy! I can't wait to see/hear about the outcome!